1. Because we are all sinners, we are all guilty before a holy God. We will all perish—unless we believe in Jesus Christ and receive eternal life.
“all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
2. The only way to be saved from the punishment we deserve and receive eternal life is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. All who do not are currently under God’s wrath.
“there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
3. There is nothing we can do to escape God’s wrath—except to turn from our sin to the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and accept His gift of salvation.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
“He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.”
4. As we put faith in Jesus Christ our sin is credited to His account, and His righteousness is credited to our account, so that we are no longer under God’s condemnation, but are at peace with God.
“He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him .”
(II Cor 5:21)
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
“Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
5. You can become God’s child and receive His gift of salvation by confessing your sin to God and professing the Lordship of Jesus Christ—believing that He died in your place to pay the price of your sin, and rose again from dead to be your Savior.
“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”
“if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”